THE DAYS & NIIGHTS of SCOUT DONAVAN

Welcome to Scout Donavan's blog. Focused on pop culture and the entertainment business. It's sure to be a popular place for news, gossip, scoop on production jobs, and events.

I look forward to all who visit and contribute..I must admit i am a little nervous about losing my blogging virginity but, like everything else i'm sure i'll screw up at first but, will get it right eventually.

Honest to blog. Stay tuned

Scout Donavan
scout.donavan.8@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

POP goes the culture

Sorry fans it has been awhile since i have blogged..been pretty busy. Working on the launch of a merchandising line with my artist friend Justin. Stay Tuned. So much has gone down since my last entry, i decided to make this a pop culture salad.

First, let me get started on Ms. Paula Abdul. Wow!! I can't believe she would walk away from Idol. Here's the deal. Abdul was seeking more than $10 million a year, and my sources tell me that she was offered 1/2 that. Compared to the rest: Ryan Seacrest $45 million for 3 years which includes services beyond "Idol", Randy is still under his previous deal through the upcoming season(and its been hard to find out what he's been getting), and Simon was getting $36 million a year and is in talks for a 2 year deal for $45 million a year. So, here's the deal Paula. "Idol" has been the best thing to happen to you since "Cold Hearted Snake", yes we all get that you have been there since the beginning but, maybe your new management team jumpede the gun. I do agree it was somewhat of a low ball offer. But, the contestants will miss you and your fellow judges do appear to be saddened by your leaving. I for one will miss your interesting comments and behavior. You added a "unique" flavor to the show. I do think this could possibly a publicity move. "Idol" has strong ratings but, they have dropped a little. Don't be surprised if we see Paula pop up on Idol this season. She has said via Twitter, that other networks have been meeting with her about other projects..Hmmm, really?

On to some television news. The TNT Jada Pinkett-Smith starrer "Hawthorne" has been picked up for a second season. I was wastching thisw show from the start. But, i like a show with a little more edge. "Nurse Jackie" (with Edie Falco) delivers. I love Pinkett-Smith but, this show needs some edge. If it doesn't spice up some, it will fall into being just another hospital show. Boo! The USA network series "Royal Pains", starring Mark Feurstein, just completed it's first season. I have yet to get pulled into this show. Mark (he is a hottie, and can dance his ass off) plays a doctor in the Hamptons. USA has picked up the show for a second season, and has ordered 16 episodes. I will give it another shot. And the FOX series "King of the Hill" will end it's 13 season run. I love this show, thank god it will live on in re-runs.

Jennifer Hudson is the proud mama of her first child, a boy. The ABC soap "All My Children" is moving the entire production to Los Angeles. Sad to see that some of NYC acting friends won't be involved with the show when it moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment